Ground-up Flat Fender Build

So... we are working on a flatty. Well we have wagoneer axles and a Chevy drivetrain, but there will be some flatty. In all reality I'm just building a 4x4 that will look like a jeep. Not much jeep, but still a fun build. Hopefully I can retain the nostalgia of the icon while still having a modern and reliable 4x4. Enjoy!

Monday, March 19, 2007

np231 upgrade

Finally solved my input gear issues with my 231. Granted it was a little overkill from what I was trying to accomplish, but I am very excited about it. Can you say 4:1 tera low? Talk about an upgrade.
Crawl ratio's
46rh tranny 1st gear = 2.45
Axle gears =4.88
stock 231 low =2.72
tera low =4.0

w/ stock 231 = 35.52
w/ tera low = 47.82

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I don't see any gears here. Nevertheless, now I can sleep at night knowing that you have resolved this. Good work!

Kevin said...

So it looks like the 4:1 kit was a success. Kevin

CAVE said...

Yeah, it went together without any problems at all. The only thing that is annoying, but expected, is the extra geat noise from the new planetary in the tera low. It isn't bad in high range, but is quite whiny in low. I think it will quiet down some as the gears break in. I've been driving the jeep the last few days and it is working well.