Ground-up Flat Fender Build

So... we are working on a flatty. Well we have wagoneer axles and a Chevy drivetrain, but there will be some flatty. In all reality I'm just building a 4x4 that will look like a jeep. Not much jeep, but still a fun build. Hopefully I can retain the nostalgia of the icon while still having a modern and reliable 4x4. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No More Jackstands

This is pretty close to ride height with 19" of (flat skid) belly clearance. Currently the wheelbase is at 101" but will probably end up at 100" after more suspension adjustments.



The S10 fuel tank is going to work great. I will have to come up with a good skid plate since it hangs a little far back. I wanted to keep the weight low in the frame and also wanted a rear cargo area. If not, I could have raised the tank another 6" and not had to worry about the hang over in the rear.

It look really wide in this picture partly because of the lack of fenders and partly because of the tires. I should have my tires this weekend and then I can fine tune some things.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Does everyone need to be wearing pink slippers to sit in this rig?

CAVE said...

Now that was funny!