Ground-up Flat Fender Build

So... we are working on a flatty. Well we have wagoneer axles and a Chevy drivetrain, but there will be some flatty. In all reality I'm just building a 4x4 that will look like a jeep. Not much jeep, but still a fun build. Hopefully I can retain the nostalgia of the icon while still having a modern and reliable 4x4. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bumper is mostly done. I'm pretty happy with the simplicity of it. Scott, is this Warn worthy? Jeeps and the 8274 just go together don't they?

Still have some blending to do.


Finished up all the mounts for my steering box. Only need to box in the bracket.



The jeep is ending up a little lower than I had hopped for. I may have sunk the spring hangers a little too deep in the frame. It may be perfect, but I won't really know until it is nearly finished. Here is a shot with me standing next to it for reference. I'm 5'8" and my head is even with the cage here.


My jeep cruising pose. I don't tell too many people this, but I sit here for hours making vrroooom sounds.


No comments: